Thursday, August 9, 2012

At Last! "Devil In My Bed" Writer's Aeneas Marrull


Marrull Aeneas, flanked by Luis Vargas Durand critic and poet Luis Valdez Pallete.

This is the critical trial of Luis Vargas Durand:

Marrull Eneas told me his story - "The Devil in my bed"-came from a real event, or maybe said the story was real at all. I did not ask how much ingenuity is invented, how much is the proportion.

My idea is that this book is read with great joy in key witness, and that old and has strong literary form in this novel, whose protagonist does not have to look Marrull Aeneas, a great achievement.

This is a novel whose narrative is not addressed to a surprising outcome. Like life itself, constantly buzzing surprise, and we all know what ends each day. I will not forward the final. The narrator declares from the front pages. From my point of view it is a blank book that serves as a protagonist. And that character is really interesting. Is the nickname, Carlos, haunted by a young woman, Lili. But there is a current passion. I think you could say that Carlos is quietly obsessed. Obviously this is a contradiction in terms: either one is obsessed or clearness. Carlos, however, rises likely. Convince.

For some, surely, my interpretation is questionable, the possibility that the role is not that of Lili but played by Carlos. In the title, who is the devil figure, but spelled like the devil in my bed. You may be wondering whether the main character is going to be the devil, or the owner of the bed. But in virtually every page of the book, the narrator is speaking of the devil Lili. So we certainly are valid readings that make the story center. Although matizaré, for my reading of it we know from the first pages, a devil, a devil. And it establishes with the reader, something like a contract for how to read the book, an implicit contract that said that Lili is a devil. Readers can expect anything from it.



What is the worldview of Aeneas Marrull? For example, to give us an idea, what do we know what he thinks of the world? Not much information. One of the few places where it is excited by several pages and tells many interesting things to talk about is food. And to speak ill of the meal. Hardly, for three or four lines say something against politicians who are very familiar. But the protagonist is not being apathetic, much less depressed. He is a man with a goal, an objective, as if the usual issues you do not care, however, to some extent, their permanent obsession is the pursuit of this woman, which was soon convinced that is a personification of devil. And we could say that if there is something that concerns you is the devil.

I have a question I've been doing, and for which there is a sufficient response. At some point I thought, it seemed, could be the devil in literature. But mixing the little he knew of Aeneas Marrull could compare their long journey to have come to the novel, with the long journey of Charles to get the devil, ie the long journey of Aeneas Marrull to reach the literature that comes to be the devil. But then I have suggested that the devil is Aeneas. And then I would propose a more interesting read.

I have two observations lame, incomplete, which I could give more of themselves. The first is about the writer and his lack of respect for institutions guardians. Well, actually it was not the author but the book's narrator.

The first idea that I can hold onto this book is that it can be read as a revision, or rather a subversion of what we often think of literature. So from the beginning, on page three of the book, the narrator, who is waiting for a dazzling young, crashes into a young woman who is a dull character, "marking provincial air." He says pointing malice. And the narrator says that you must apply a second look to save reality. He continues: "But that was not enough to prevent me from falling expectation disturbing to know the fatal charms of a student." I want to think about the three lines that follow: "Was this, I thought it was losing the integrity and impartiality of their professors? What kind of university was this? What scarecrows sordid lineage these teachers belonged to profane and not morality but the taste? "

Finally, I end up with something that is not a statement but is a plea. Aeneas, telling you follow the life of Carlos. You know who has contracted a debt to their readers had to Carlos. And that debt we will collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment