Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How Affiliate Marketing Deals Without Putting cash in the number of Social Security at Risk


Tempted by the opportunity to affiliate marketing, but are afraid to do something about it? You have left with big questions and bigger worries? I used to be worried too, but I think I found some answers to my questions:

Question # 1: Are those deals for real?

Well, many of them are safe. (. Always do your research and in particular whether products) Clearly, there are few people raking in some serious dough - by some affiliate programs than legitimate. Why should not you be one of them? Perhaps you've found a site that you want to promote. There is only one small problem ...

Question # 2: How can I do this safely? Or can I?

This was exactly the question I was wondering when I came across some very attractive affiliate agreements. I was all excited and ready to sign. In fact, I started signing. And then I got the part where I wanted ... (Drum roll!) ... social security number!

My what? They must be joking. Who in their right mind would give a stranger on the internet on their social security number, I thought. Then again, it makes sense. If they pay me money and I want to stay legit, they would need my office, right? After all, they will send me my tax form at the end of the year.

But what about identity theft? Give them my SSN means I'm almost there presenting my credit line on a silver platter. I could also send them my credit cards along with my birth certificate. Darn! I thought. First thing I did nothing. But I came across another one of those deals, and another, and so on. Meanwhile, I had studied enough to know that yes, affiliate offers are definitely for real. And then I came across the deal that was too tempting to pass. What to do?

So I asked someone I trusted, someone who has played an important role in my being able to build my first website. And he came through for me, gave me the solution to the dilemma:

Three letters: EIN

Question # 3: What the hell is an EIN?

EIN stands for Employer Identification Number. But they have no interest to employ anyone, you say? Not a problem.

It is simply an ID number of the IRS involves the use of business. It allows you to separate your personal finances from business information, which is a good idea. It allows you to get money without revealing your Social Security number, though completely legal and allowing affiliate marketers who send money to stay legal.

Question # 4: How can I get one?

This is easy. I could not believe it. It took me all of half an 'on-line now, and this is by reading all instructions. Here is the webpage of the IRS, where you can apply:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,, id = 102767.00. html

Just click on "Apply Online".

If you want more information, have a link for that too.

That's it. You will be ready to go. It is now possible to give a legitimate ID-number that does not jeopardize your personal finances. It is not that cool?

So, go and get the EIN, and start pocketing your share of the pie affiliate marketing .......

No comments:

Post a Comment