Sunday, August 19, 2012

Experience of Buying Furniture Online


I bought a number of different pieces of furniture on-line over the years, with mixed results. Sometimes it's hard to find items that are of quality I'm looking for. On other occasions, I ended up becoming frustrated by the quality of service I received from retailers.

I thought my experiences might be able to help other consumers find what they are looking for. So let's start with some negative experiences. Some of the worst involving the acquisition by eBay. Now, I bought a lot of stuff from eBay over the years and it's usually been pretty good.

But I also had my fingers burnt when it comes to buying furniture. On one occasion, the seller has gone out of business without providing me with the item I ordered. What has my experience tells me? It made me much more aware of the importance of acknowledging the terms and conditions of eBay.

It also means that I always try to make major purchases with a credit card rather than using PayPal. This is because I discovered that the credit card companies often offer more protection for the consumer.

I also received some items damaged by various retailers. This can certainly be a problem, but it really depends on how the dealer responds. Some have sent replacements immediately. This is a situation that is much more difficult to judge.

In order to minimize the likelihood of encountering problems of this nature, now tend to spend a lot of time and consumer surveys. I read the consumer reviews and see what others are saying about particular companies. In particular, they are always interested in the quality of the products and the manner in which address the problems, should any arise.

I would also suggest that it is really useful to read the website of the dealer properly. In this way, you can be sure that you know what you'll always be. It 'a good way to avoid unpleasant surprises .......

No comments:

Post a Comment