Friday, September 7, 2012

Cosmetic Advertising, Trends and Merchandising


Have you ever stopped to wonder why you are using a foundation primer day if you have never worn one before? There are really a lot of factors that go into our choices as consumers to buy cosmetic products. We never seem to barely notice them, or stop thinking "What the hell? '.

Advertising is where it all begins. Have you ever noticed that when you buy a magazine Vogue is usually more jobs from the actual content worth reading? These ads are the subliminal message to make you think .. UM? Can I really reduce my wrinkles by 50%? WOW! and my answer would have probably provided you have not used any skincare face recently. We are all victims of this type of advertising and I think I should just be happy that American Idol is only 15 minutes off the bat now. They (the powers that be) know exactly how long we tolerate spots associated with TV viewing leisure. The advertising goes hand in hand along the path of victim tendency.

Oh My Gosh! I'm a slave to trends. If I wake in the morning and read that the pink lipstick is on his way out, then look in my cosmetic graveyard. I must admit that I have experienced many trends like those horrible eyes very dark shirts and Twiggy gauze. You must learn to embrace trends and configure it to benefit you. The hairstyle "BOB" is hot right now and I've never seen a woman who could not wear this style in one way or another. And if the advertising and the trend can not get to pull out the credit card have not yet won!

Have you ever wondered how my lipstick just bought not only won the right to return home by car, but also valuable space in your bag when it was still in your mind when before leaving for the trip to the store? Simple ... Merchandising GREAT. Entire careers are made on merchandising and the best man (probably women) when he wins his product on the front sight and eye level. Yes! Your eye level and is very calculated and artificial. Have you ever thought about what really took to get all those bottles of nail Poilish, in addition to matching lipsticks head of the aisle in your local Walgreens or CVS. Another interesting fact is that I'm sure Walgreens knows exactly what it's worth the supplier cosmetics to get her .. Oops its disposal right where he wants ... Right in front of your face when you walk through the door....

No comments:

Post a Comment